Feb 27, 2009

runtlina, tranny cat

Some people like to argue that queers are bad because "it's just not natural." I don't particularly care about natural or not, but I always have known homo non-human animals, which makes it seems sorta, well, natural. Or at least widespread. My childhood dog, Beazy, and some barbers my mom worked with were the first queers I knew, and they made me think it couldn't be such a bad thing. The barbers made me wonder if queerness had some sort of relationship with obesity, but then Beazy wasn't heavy.

People have the same nature arguments against people who don't live as their born bio gender. They think that men "dressing up as women" are mocking women, and that women who want to live as men must hate women. Neither of these things really hold water. And they don't address all the in betweeners. (Is that what's meant by tween?) The animal kingdom can always be trusted to give insight.I live with a tranny that I picked up down by the railroad tracks. Her name is Runtlina (or Bolly). She is absolutely stunning, loves M.I.A.'s fashions and Bollywood music and dancing. She was way into the final, unexpected dance scene in Slumdog Millionaire, and excited again when the movie won best picture. She's a girl through and through, except that she was born a boy. Runtlina is a cat. Her purrs turn from pigeon noises to loud rolling Rs when I tell her that her hands and feet are small. Occasionally, when she's pushy, I think there's some privileged "boy" in there, but really she's just pushy.
Runtlina, Runtlina
Going hundred mile per hour
With your radio on
With your radio on

No comments: